Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Birthday Party Checklist

Good Evening!!
I have started along with all the daily tasks, planning my oldest daughters birthday party. We have about 3 weeks until the party so today I sent out the invitations. She is going to be 3 and has picked a Dora the Explorer birthday party. Lucky for us we are going to be having the party at the community hall so there will be plenty of room for all her friends to run, play games, and do crafts! I have found a really great birthday party checklist to help with party planning! I love Martha Stewart and have found the checklist (along with so many other checklists) on her website. Here is the link to download a printable version, or here I have copied and pasted!
www.marthastewart.com/checklists
© 2009 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved.

6 Weeks Before:
□ Choose the theme.
□ Draw up the guest list.
□ Confirm the date with your child’s best friend.
□ Reserve off-site space.

4 Weeks Before:
□ Get updated class list.
□ Decide on games, activities, and food.
□ Write out invitations.

3 Weeks Before:
□ Arrange for extra help, if needed.
□ Mail invitations.
□ Purchase party goods.
□ Start homemade decorations and favors.

1 to 2 Weeks Before:
□ Call guests who have not yet responded.
□ Draw up a schedule of activities.
□ Make samples of planned crafts.
□ Purchase crafts supplies and favors.

3 Days Before:
□ Buy food as well as batteries for your camera.

1 to 2 Days Before:
□ Bake the cake.
□ Decorate your home or be sure off-site supplies are gathered.
□ Prepare make-ahead foods.

So Modify it as you may need, I did not start planning 6 weeks out, so I just completed those tasks at 4 weeks, along with the others! I will post pictures and more great ideas that I have for the party as I start planning it!
Sneak Peak: Dora's backpack as goodie bags, a map to color as a goodie, a craft such as sock puppets(I need something Dora themed but this is the backup plan), and a Dora relay race!

No comments:

Post a Comment